New Team To Focus On Athlete Development and Camaraderie
SUNNYVALE, CA (June 25, 2008) – Sterling Sports Group announced it’s intention to join the Northern California race team community with the formation of a 2008 Cyclocross Team. The team will support three to five riders in both Bay Area and Sacramento chapters in each of the following categories: Men’s, Women’s B and C, Masters A and B’s, and juniors. Interested riders should submit a team application between June 25th and August 1st. Preference will be given to those athletes who most ably demonstrate the balance between competition, camaraderie, and fun in their approach and attitude. Applications and program descriptions are available on the company website www.sterlingwins.com. Final rosters and clothing orders will be set by August 15th and racing will commence in early October. If there is sufficient interest and sponsorship the team will also support Men’s and Women’s Elite A teams.
A longstanding supporter of local cycling teams through it’s Team Coaching Programs, Sterling Sports Group President Matt McNamara noted that forming a Sterling branded team was the next logical step in the evolution of the company. “We are a performance coaching company, so we couldn’t think of a better way to showcase our programs and athletes than by racing the ultra-competitive, ultra-fun Northern California ‘cross circuit as a team.” To that end all members receive a personalized coaching program built to their schedule and goals (a $600 value). In addition team members will enjoy great support, regular training rides, and substantive pro-deals including:
- Team Training Camp – All team riders are invited to our 2 day training camp in mid-September. The camp includes baseline performance testing, group rides, position assessment, and training program orientations.
- Weekly Training Rides – starting in September we’ll be hosting weekly training and technique rides for the team in both Sunnyvale and Sacramento. Rides will be primarily held in and around Fremont-Older Park and Stevens Canyon in Cupertino on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. Sacramento rides will be hosted by regional Sterling Sports Group coach Matt Idler.
- Leopard Bikes – Team members will have preferred pricing on the new Leopard Cyclocross Bike, a full carbon race bike that sets a new standard in both performance and weight.
- Ritchey Components – As a Northern California team Ritchey was a natural choice. Team bikes will have Ritchey spec bar, stem, cranks, and seat posts.
- Additional sponsors pending.
Cost for the program is $300, including a team jersey, coaching program, baseline testing & bike fit, training camps/rides, race support, and access to pro deals on team bikes and equipment.
ABOUT STERLING SPORTS GROUP
Sterling Sports Group (www.sterlingwins.com) is the result of over 20 years of passion for the sport of cycling. Launched in late 2003, Sterling Sports is a growing company focused on creating a seamless interface between athlete and coach, technology and personal attention. They can be reached at 408.891.3462 or firstname.lastname@example.org