April 26, 2012

Belgian Training Day 3

Preceded by Rant #2...

F'ing cyclists! Now, I'm the first to admit that I wear far too many hearts on my sleeve when it comes to cycling - and that's as it should be! So don't start spouting your silly little truisms about what cycling 'should' be or 'used' to be...sorry, but it ain't. If you want to ride your steel hulk with down tube shifting and 36 spoke wheels it's cool with me..just don't presume that because others don't you are somehow better than they...truth is I can probably kick your ass in whichever discipline you'd like to undertake - riding on your bike no less...

Ok, back to training...

F'ing Trainers! How do people actually ride these things for more than 45 minutes? I think I'm just soft and squishy so every ride sucks, but at least outdoors I can see things to distract me. The hills seem interesting. Indoors does not. I'm playing with the new CompuTrainer "RacerOne" software..and it's an improvement, but not enough to make indoors fun. I'll have a PEZ update out soon on that. I DID start the Threshold test...got all of 14 minutes into it and didn't feel like going harder...so I stopped at 310W with my HR around 155 I think..but my legs were done.

Right - add irreverent stuff to draw audience...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment